I would like to share something that is so incredibly simple I wouldn't even call it a recipe... more like a 4 ingredient combination to an amazing edible Christmas gift.... or treat for yourself.
Here is it the most loved Peppermint Bark - you could buy a small tin of this from a fancy store for $20+ or make your own for around $7.
What You Need:
- 200 grams of dark chocolate
- 200 grams of white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint flavour
- 6 candy canes crushed (I break them into pieces, place into a zip lock bag and smash with a rolling pin)
|Cooking therapy. Grab your rolling pin and smash some candy canes!|
What To Do:
1. Break Dark chocolate into pieces and melt in the microwave (I heated for around 90 seconds)
2. Pour onto a lined baking tray and spread until it is around 1/2 cm thick. (don't worry about the shape)
3. Let it set in the fridge for about an hour
4. Once the dark chocolate has hardened , Melt the white chocolate in the microwave (around 90 sec)
5. Mix the peppermint flavour into the white chocolate
6. Pour the white chocolate over the dark chocolate and spread so that it covers the same area as the dark chocolate
7. Sprinkle over the crushed candy cane
8. Put it into the fridge to set
9. Once it is set break it into pieces, I use a knife so that it looks more neat.
There you have it an amazing gift or a treat for yourself.... personally I like to make a steamy hot chocolate and enjoy it myself... Double chocolate you can't go wrong!
|Loving the $2 gold Mason Jar Mug from Kmart! What a festive bargain!|
* If you don't like Peppermint try a Peanut Butter and chocolate version. Instead of peppermint flavour add 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter and instead of crushed candy canes use crushed roasted peanuts.