For anyone who hasn't tried
I made my Lime Pie in a cool glass mason jar, this makes it easy store for later or simply take on a gorgeous sunny picnic.
What You Need:
- 40 grams of shredded wheatmeal biscuits
- 40 grams of scotch fingers
- 1/3 cup of desiccated coconut
- 60 grams of melted unsalted butter
Lime filling & cream:
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/3 cup of lime juice
- The zest of 2 limes
- 200 ml's of double cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla bean
What To Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees
2. Place the biscuits and coconut in a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine bread crumbs
3. Stir in the melted butter until combined
4. Divide the biscuit base into two large mason jars and press down to create a firm biscuit base.
5. Now mix together the condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and lime zest (The mixture will thicken)
6. Divide the mixture into the two mason jars evenly and stamp on a flat surface to get rid of air bubbles
7. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes
8. Now cool in the fridge for 40-60 minutes depending on how cold your fridge is.
9. Whip the cream and vanilla until it forms slightly stiff peaks (Be careful not to over whip)
10. Add the cream to lime pie and enjoy!
|Lime Pie on the go! - Enjoy with a good book and sunshine :)|