What are these?? An accident that's what they are. My fudge truffles came about when I was making fudge... got impatient and tried to cut into warm fudge ruining it. Then I thought to myself... how do I salvage this? Easy! Turn them into balls rolled in coconut and call them fudge truffles.
This is a super easy and simple recipe, doesn't cost all that much taking in mind I took full advantage of the half price chocolate sales at the supermarkets.
Here they are:
|Bowls from Daiso $2.80 each.|
What You Need:
- 1 1/2 cups of dark chocolate 50-70% cocoa
- 1/3 cup of smooth peanut butter (although crunchy would be good too!)
- 1/2 can of condensed milk
- 30 grams of unsalted butter
What to do:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl
2. Microwave for 2 minutes (stirring it even 60 seconds)
3. Check to see there are no lumps, if there are microwave for a further 30 seconds
4. Pour into a dish , the larger the size the faster the mixture will cool for rolling
5. Place into the fridge for 1 hour or freezer for 20 minutes
6. Take the mixture out and start rolling them into balls (around the diameter of a 20 cent coin)
7. Roll the fudge truffles into desiccated coconut or chopped peanuts
8. You can eat them straight away or store in the fridge, but they won't last long!
|Fudge mixture ready for cooling and rolling!|
This recipe is also great as a gift or scattered around the room in delicate bowls at a party. You can customise the flavour to suit what you like. For Christmas remove the peanut for more chocolate and add peppermint. Like Nutella? Add Nutella instead of peanut butter. Like a bit of naughty? Add some Baileys or Kahlua ... the options are endless!
|Perfect pairing with a nice strong cup of espresso|