Sunday 8 November 2015

Bargain Finds and Butterscotch Sauce

On my weekends one of my favourite things to do is bargain hunting! Not only in brightly lit shopping centers but also at markets where people sell their precious little treasures for a steal!

I happened to find something that I am madly in loved with and I got it for $2 !!


Here is it! a beautiful pale jade dish with a real gold trim

Just gorgeous!! Perfect for Trinkets or as a glorified ice cream bowl

I also found some super cute retro cookie tins for $4 each! These would also be great when you are on a tight budget but want to give a thoughtful gift. Add some homemade cookies in it and you would have an edible gift and something for them to keep. Best of both worlds!





Also this would not be a post without some sort of sweet treat ...

So here is my butterscotch sauce, perfect for the ice cream that will go in my beautiful new dish.



What You Need:
- 60 grams of butter
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons of golden syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt ( or another 1/4 teaspoon if you like it saltier)

What To Do:
1. Pop all the ingredients into a saucepan and mix
2. Heat it up until it starts to bubble
3. Let it bubble for 1-2 minutes before you turn the heat off
4. Give it a stir and transfer it into a jar for storing


There you have it! a quick and easy butterscotch sauce , serve with ice cream anytime or eat it out of the jar with a spoon... yum

I added some cookie chunks to it... because I can :)




Enjoy



xx Mel.

No comments:

Post a Comment