Thursday 13 November 2014

Homemade Homewares

Do you ever find yourself wandering around all day long visiting multiple shops just to find the perfect item for your home? Well can I just say that is my on going relationship with tableware.
I have been living at my "new" place for a little over a year now and I have been looking for the perfect placemats since BCB (Before committing to buy).
I mean sure I could easily pay a fortune to buy an amazing set of placemats but who has the money for that ?
This was how Martha Stewart the Second was born... I invested in a sexy little sewing machine... which of course was heavily discounted just the way I like it and I have been sewing ever since.

Here are my Homemade Placemats that fit perfectly in my home and as a plus I made them double sided to suit any occasion! The light colour for an elegant setting or flip them over for the more rustic darker colour.

My placemat with the whole set up

The detailing on the trim and the reverse side colour

The other trim I used and  you can see the two colours I used for both sides. 

The little baby I did my sewing on. Love this!

Enjoy



xx Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment