Sunday 24 January 2016

Hot Chocolate Heaven

Nothing beats a good Hot Chocolate. Imagine a lazy Sunday lounging around with a big steamy cup of hot chocolate while flicking through an issue of Vogue Living... That's my idea of the perfect relaxing weekend!

Sometimes when I feel like a little Sass in my hot chocolate I like to deviate.
Peanut butter hot chocolate, Bailey's Hot chocolate, Peppermint hot chocolate... I could go on and on...

Today i'm going to show you my Peanut Butter Hot chocolate recipe!

This recipe is great especially if you want to have some friends over you can wow them with a pot of this ridiculously decadent Hot chocolate.






What You Need: (To make 1 Large pot)
- 2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 100 grams of dark chocolate
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 cups of milk (amount depends on how strong you like your hot chocolate)\
- Mini Marshmallows (optional)


What To Do:
1. Mix the Peanut butter, cocoa powder, chocolate, sugar and 1 cup of milk in a pot
2. Simmer gently until everything has melted and combined
3. There are two options with the rest of the milk, you could either froth it with a milk frother or you could add the rest of the milk to the pot and heat.
4. Pour the Hot chocolate into a large teapot to serve.
5. Serve with mini marshmallows if desired. I like to toast mine with a blow torch for that extra toasty effect


Now on to the important stuff .. what I would love to serve my hot chocolate in ...


This Gorgeous Robert Gordon Hug Mug! .... I think I'm in love....


And what better to serve the Hot chocolate in than a gorgeous simple white teapot like this one by Donna Hay





Oh Ps.... To top off my week... I got to See Nigella Lawson at the Opera House!

#lifedreamsaccomplished

She was every bit as amazing in real life as she is in her shows ! Stunning, Funny, and down to earth!

Annabel Crabb and Nigella Lawson - excuse the bad quality photo!



Enjoy





xx Mel


No comments:

Post a Comment