It has a delicious chewy biscuit base that reminds me of a freshly baked Anzac cookie, a delicious caramel center with a hint of salt and an amazing crunchy chocolate top which consists of salty crushed pretzels and melted picnic chocolate.
Here it is!! Give this a go and you won't regret it!
What You Need:
- 2/3 cup & 1 tablespoon of Self Raising flour
- 2/3 cup & 1 tablespoon of desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup & 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 90 grams of melted unsalted butter
- 50 grams of unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 small pinch of salt
- 200 grams of chocolate ( 50 grams of Dark chocolate (70%) & 150 grams of Picnic Milk chocolate)
- 1/4 cup of crushed Pretzels
- 1/8 teaspoon of Salt
* If you can't find the picnic chocolate block (not bar) you can add 120 grams of Milk chocolate mixed with 30 grams of salted peanuts and rice bubbles.
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together
3. Mix in the melted butter until well combined
4. Spread into a lined 8-9 inch square pan
5. Bake for 15 minutes until golden
1. Place the butter and golden syrup into a large pan and heat until it starts to bubble
2. Once the butter and golden syrup bubbles add in the can of condensed milk and salt
3. Stir constantly and scrap the sides down constantly until it thickens ( around 5 minutes)
4. Once it has thickened pour the caramel onto the biscuit base and spread.
5. Then return to the oven for 10 minutes until golden
1. Place the chocolate into a microwave proof dish and heat for 1 minute
2. Stir until all the chocolate has melted
3. Add in the pretzel and salt and stir to combine
4. Pour the chocolate mixture onto the caramel
5. Spread the chocolate around so that it covers the surface of the caramel
6. Place into the fridge to cool and harden
7. Once it has harden and cooled cut into triangles or squares to share!
|A delicious mess|
|Enjoy with a sexy little Piccolo|