I will tell you how! I have a giant dark chocolate Lindt bunny sitting on my shelf staring at me ... and I have come to the conclusion that I will feel a lot better about eating it if I melt it and dip some beautifully orange rind speckled cookies into it.
Dip some in tea, hand some out to loved ones as a thanks for the Easter chocolate, bring some to work and share share share!
Here they are in all their zesty glory
|Now what will I make with my other bunny??|
What You Need: (Makes around 12)
- 125 grams of unsalted soften butter
- 1/3 cups of caster sugar
- The zest of one large orange
- 1 1/4 cup of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 small pinch of ground cardamon
- 70 grams of dark chocolate ( I used my Lindt Bunny)
What To Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
2. Mix the butter, sugar, salt, orange zest, cardamon and vanilla until combined
3. Add in the flour and mix until the dough is smooth
4. Take around a mini ice cream scoop sized piece of dough and shape into a squared off oval
5. Place onto a baking tray and pop into the freezer for 5 minutes
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes until slightly golden on the edges
7. Set aside cookies to cool
8. Place your chocolate into a small microwavable bowl and heat for around 40 seconds until just melted
9. Dip half your cookie into the chocolate and place on the tray to harden.
10. Enjoy with a good strong cup of tea or coffee!
On another note..... I am